AGNIPATH SCHEME FOR ENROLMENT IN INDIAN ARMED FORCES
Indian Air Force (IAF) will be conducting an IAF Agneepath Rally for shortlisting candidates for Agniveers Soldiers through Agneepath Scheme. The candidates selected through Air Force Agneepath Recruitment 2022 will have to serve the nation for a period of 4 years. Check complete glimpse of Air Force Agniveer Recruitment 2022.
|INDIAN AIRFOCE AGNEEPATH RECRUITMENT 2022 – OVERVIEW|
|Conducting Body||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Exam Name||Agneepath Vayu Intake 01/2023|
|Number of Vacancies||To be Notified|
|Online Registration||07th Nov to 23rd Nov 2022|
|Exam Date||08th Jan to 24th Jan 2023|
|Time span||04 Years|
|Indian Airfoce Agniveer Age Limit||17.5 – 21 Years (Age between 27/06/2002 to 27/12/2005)|
INDIAN AIRFORCE AGNIVEER EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
(a) Science Subjects- Candidates should have passed Intermediate/10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed Three years of Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
Passed Two years of Vocational Course with non-vocational subject viz. Physics and Maths from State Education Boards/Councils are listed in COBSE with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in the vocational course (or in Intermediate/ Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course).
(b) Other Than Science Subjects- Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any subject approved by Central / State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed two years vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in the vocational course or in Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
INDIAN AIRFORCE AGNIVEER (DATE OF BIRTH)
(a) Candidates born between 27 June 2002 and 27 December 2005 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
(b) In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the selection procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 21 years.
The examination fee of Rs.250/- is to be paid by the candidate while registering for the online examination. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Internet Banking through the payment gateway.
MANDATORY MEDICAL STANDARDS
General Medical Standards for AGNIVEERVAYU are as follows :
(a) Height : Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms (For Male candidates) and 152 cms (For Female candidates).
(b) Weight : Proportionate to height and age.
(c) Chest : For male candidate’s minimum chest circumference will be 77 cms and the chest expansion should be at least 5 cms. For female candidates, the chest wall should be well proportioned with minimum range of expansion of 5 cms.
(d) Corneal Surgery (PRK / LASIK) is not acceptable.
(e) Hearing : Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters by each ear separately.
(f) Dental : Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth, and minimum 14 dental points.
(g) Visual standards :
|Visual Acuity||Maximum limits of Refractive error||Colour Vision|
|6/12 each eye, correctable to 6/6 each eye||
Hypermetropia : +2.0D
Note : Candidates should bring the latest prescription and spectacle for corrected vision if used. The prescription must bear the signature, stamp, and registration number of the eye specialist. The prescription should not be more than one month old.
(h) General Health : Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He / She should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or communicable disease, infection, and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
(j) Gynaecological Examination (For female candidates) : The examination covers external genitalia, hernia orifices, and the perineum, and any evidence of stress urinary incontinence or genital prolapse outside introitus.
(k) Gender (For female candidates) : Any candidate if found to have predominant characteristics of the opposite gender as evident on external physical examination, will be rejected as Unfit. Any candidate having undergone gender reassignment surgery will be declared Unfit.
(l) Pregnancy (For female candidates) : Any candidate, if found to be pregnant shall be disqualified and her candidature rejected. A candidate should not have conceived at the time of reporting or till the conclusion of four years tenure. If found to be pregnant later during the training or engagement period of four years, suitable action for Dismissal / Removal will be undertaken.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) AGNIVEERVAYU will be enrolled in the Indian Air Force under Air Force Act 1950, for a period of FOUR years. Agniveervayu would form a distinct rank in the Indian Air Force, different from any other existing ranks. The Indian Air Force is not obliged to retain Agniveervayu beyond the engagement period of four years.
(2) On completion of four years of service, based on organisation’s requirements and policies promulgated by the Indian Air Force, Agniveervayu will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrolment in the regular cadre of the Indian Air Force as Airmen. These applications will be considered in a centralised manner based on objective criteria, including performance during their four-year engagement period and up to 25% of each specific batch of Agniveervayu will be enrolled in a regular cadre of IAF. Agniveervayu will not have any right to be selected for further enrolment into the Indian Air Force. Selection of the Agniveervayu for further enrolment, if any, shall be at the discretion of the Government of India.
(3) Employability : Agniveervayu enrolled under this entry are liable to be assigned any duty in organisational interest at the discretion of the Indian Air Force.
(4) Training : On being enrolled, Agniveervayu will be imparted military training based on Indian Air Force requirements.
(5) Leave : Grant of leave will be subject to the exigencies of the Indian Air Force. The following leave is applicable for Agniveervayu during their engagement period: –
(a) Annual Leave : 30 days per year.
(b) Sick Leave : Based on medical advice.
(6) Medical and CSD Facilities : For the duration of their engagement period in the Indian Air Force, Agniveervayu will be entitled for medical facility at Service Hospitals as well as CSD provisions.
(7) Pay, Allowances, and Allied Benefits : Agniveervayu enrolled under this Scheme will be paid an Agniveer package of Rs. 30,000/- per month with a fixed yearly increment. In addition, Risk and Hardship allowances (as applicable in IAF), Dress, and Travel allowances will also be paid.
(8) Terminal Benefits – Seva Nidhi Package : Agniveervayu will be given one time ‘Seva Nidhi’ package comprising their monthly contribution along with a matching contribution by the Government on completion of their engagement period, as indicated below: –
|INDIAN AIRFORCE AGNIVEER SALARY PACKAGE|
|Year||Customised Package (Monthly)||In Hand
|Contribution to Agniveer Corpus Fund (30%)||Contribution to Corpus Fund by Gol|
All Figures in Rs. (Monthly Contribution) (Approximately)
|1st Year||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 21,000||Rs. 9,000||Rs. 9,000|
|2nd Year||Rs. 33,000||Rs. 23,100||Rs. 9,900||Rs. 9,900|
|3rd Year||Rs. 36,500||Rs. 25,580||Rs. 10,950||Rs. 10,950|
|4th Year||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 28,000||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 12,000|
All Figures in Rs. (Monthly Contribution) (Approximately)
|Total Contribution in Agniveers Corpus Fund after four years||Rs. 5.02 Lakh||Rs. 5.02 Lakh|
|Exit after 04 year||Approximately Rs. 10.04 Lakhs as Seva Nidhi Package (Absolute amount excluding interest)|
Note : (a) Agniveer Vayu will not be required to contribute to any Provident Fund of the Government.
(b) There shall be no entitlement to any gratuity and any kind of pensionary benefits.
(9) Insurance, Death and Disability Compensation : AGNIVEERVAYU will be provided non-contributory Life Insurance cover of Rs. 48 Lakhs for the duration of their engagement period as AGNIVEERVAYU in the Indian Air Force. AGNIVEERVAYU will not be governed by provisions contained in the Pension Regulations/Rules for Indian Air Force. For details of Death/Disability compensation log on to https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in .
(10) Agniveer Skill Certificate : At the end of the engagement period, a detailed Skill-Set certificate will be provided to the AGNIVEERVAYU, highlighting the skills and level of competency acquired by the personnel during their engagement period.
(11) Not Entitled to the ESM Status : Personnel enrolled under this Scheme will not be eligible for Ex-Servicemen status after their discharge
from the Service on completion of four years engagement period.
SEQUENCE OF EXAMINATION
PHASE – I :
(1) Online Test : Eligible candidates will be sent provisional admit cards for Phase – I of testing on their registered e-mail IDs between 48-72 hrs prior to the examination. Candidates are required to download the admit card, take a colour printout and carry the same to the examination centre. The name of the city & exam date will be intimated to candidates at an earlier date to enable them to plan their movement. This provisional admit card can also be downloaded by the candidate under candidates login on the CASB web portal https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in. All candidates in possession of provisional admit card will undertake Online Test at centres designated/allotted as per their admit card. The online test will be objective type and questions will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper. Candidates are to bring one blue / black pen and an original AADHAAR card along with them for Phase – I testing. Details of the test are as follows: –
(a) Science Subjects : Total duration of the online test shall be 60 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics as per the 10+2 CBSE syllabus.
(b) Other than Science Subjects : Total duration of the online test shall be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
(c) Science Subjects & Other than Science Subjects : Total duration of the online test shall be 85 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
(d) Marking pattern for online test :
(i) One mark for every correct answer
(ii) Nil (0) marks for unattempted question
(iii) 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer
Note : Above examination, methodology has been designed to facilitate the selection process based on the qualifications of candidates. Irrespective of the examination methodology AGNIVEERVAYU enrolled under this entry are liable to be assigned any duty in organisational interest, at the discretion of the Indian Air Force.
* Marks scored by the candidates in STAR Phase-I Testing will be “Normalised” by using the formula as published on the website https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in, to take into account variation in difficulty levels of the question papers across different sessions. Candidates are to note that the application of Cut-Off for shortlisting candidates for STAR Phase-II testing and preparation of the Final Merit List for selection will be based on “Normalised Marks” and “Not on” the “Actual Marks” scored by the candidate in STAR Phase-I testing. Further, on normalisation, marks scored by a candidate in a subject may become less/more than actual marks, and more than the total marks of that subject in exceptional cases.
# CANDIDATES ARE TO QUALIFY IN EACH PAPER INDIVIDUALLY IN SCIENCE SUBJECTS AND OTHER THAN SCIENCE SUBJECTS, with normalised marks. The result of Phase-I and the list of shortlisted candidates for Phase-II, based on their performance in the Phase-I Online test, will be uploaded on https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in within one month from the last date of the online exam.
PHASE – II :
Soon after the declaration of the result of the Phase-I (Online) Test, a cut-off will be applied based on the marks scored by the candidates in the Phase-I Test and SHORTLISTED candidates will be sent a New admit card on their registered e-mail IDs for Phase-II test at a designated ASC. This admit card for the Phase-II exam can also be downloaded online under the candidate’s login on the CASB web portal https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in. Candidates have to report on the stipulated date and time for Phase II at the designated ASC along with the following:
(a) Colour print out of Phase-II admit card.
(b) Colour printout of duly filled application form downloaded on completion of online registration.
(c) HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, glue stick, stapler and black/blue ballpoint pen for writing.
(d) Eight copies of an unattested passport-size colour photograph (which was used for the online application registration).
(e) Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation passing certificate (required for verification of candidate’s name, father’s name and his/her date of birth).
(f) Original and four self-attested photocopies of Intermediate/10+2/equivalent examination passing certificate and marks sheet.
Original and four self-attested photocopies of three years diploma course passing certificate and marks sheets of all semesters.
Original and four self-attested photocopies of two years Vocational course passing certificate and all marks sheets including a non-vocational course with subjects English, Physics and Mathematics.
(h) Certificate for COAFP (Children of Air Force Personnel), including a certificate for children of serving/retired/deceased Air Force civilian employees paid out of defence estimates are to be downloaded as the case may be, from the download section of CASB web portal and brought along while reporting for Phase-II of the examination.
(j) Original Phase-I admit card used during Phase-I test bearing Air Force seal and invigilator’s signature.
(k) Original and four self-attested photocopies of NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate (if applicable).
Note: Candidate discharged from the IAF for any reason are not eligible to appear in the selection test.