INVITES ONLINE APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES FOR ENROLMENT AS SAILORS FOR ARTIFICER APPRENTICE (AA) – AUG 2019 BATCH FOR COURSE COMMENCING AUGUST 2019.
1. Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for 500 vacancies (Approximately) for Artificer Apprentice (AA) – Aug 2019 batch.
2. Educational Qualifications. Qualified in 10+2 examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:-Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
“3. Age. Candidates should be born between 01 Aug 1999 to 31 Jul 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
PAY AND PERQUISITES
4. Pay & Allowances. During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ Rs 6200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
5. Promotion. Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1,51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ Rs 6200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material,uniforms, food and accommodation as per entitlement.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their
eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per Government orders in force and amended from time to time.
7. Insurance Cover. Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs. 53.50 lakhs for submariners and Rs. 50
lakhs for other sailors is applicable.
8. Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Computer-based Examination, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
9. Computer-based Examination.
(a) The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 mark.
(b) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
(c) The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
(d) The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
(e) Duration of examination will be one hour.
(f) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
(g) Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four
alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.