Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for 2500 vacancies (Approximately) for Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) – Aug 2019 batch.
2. Educational Qualifications. Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science from the Boards of School Education
recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
3. Age. Candidates should be born between 01 Aug 1998 to 31 Jul 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
Pay & Allowances. During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
5. Promotion. Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1,51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as
applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
6. Perquisites. .
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation as per entitlement.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per Government orders in force and amended from time to time.
7. Insurance Cover. Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs. 50 lakhs for other sailors is applicable.
Click here to download – Notification-Indian-Navy-Sailor-SSR-Aug-2019
HOW TO APPLY:
19. For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 14 Dec 18 to 30 Dec 18. The procedure is as follows:-
(a) Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
(b) Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your e-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing
their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers.
(c) „Log–in‟ with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
(d) Click on “Apply” (√) button.
(e) Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
(f) Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected at any stage, if found ineligible in any respect.
(g) Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.
LAST DATE OF ONLINE APPLICATION – 30 DEC 2018